Sunday, March 21, 2010

Getting to Know ME!

[GettingtoknowYOU.jpg]
1. What year did you graduate high school?
I graduated from high school in 1999...and college in 2006. And no, I'm not a doctor. =)

2. What part of your body do you neglect the most?
My poor abs. I can't even remember the last time I did a crunch. We'll just blame it on those babies I keep having.

This is me exactly two years ago after Jackson but before Chase and during a running phase. That was probably the last of my ab baring days. RIP bikini.


3. Beach house or Lake house?
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the beach and my husband and I always said we wanted a beach house. Then one summer we were vacationing at Emerald Isle and boogie boarding when a BIG shark fin popped up RIGHT in front of us. I'm talking, could reach out and touch it close!! We both went running out of the water (Alan left me behind but he was gracious enough to yell at me "SHARK!") and then we decided on the way home we wanted a lake house instead. Since it's been four or five years since that happened, we have now revised our wish list to be a beach house with a pool. Final answer.
http://cdnet.myxer.com/tn/c/1511134/big/?t=2008122823947
I can't prove it, but I'm pretty sure this is what the rest of the shark looked like.

4. Mac or PC?
I heart my Mac. I also heart my husband's PC. I'm writing this on a PC because my Mac's cord broke. Again. For the third time.

5. Did you wear braces?
Heck, yes I did. Those were a GLORIOUS three years.

And yes, I did use colored rubber bands like seen above. I tended to go with red and blue because those were my school colors. GO IRONS JUNIOR HIGH COUGARS! Yeah, I was awesome.

6. If you could be one person for a day..living or deceased..who would you be?
I'm assuming I shouldn't say I'd be me because that would sound lame but I really wouldn't want to be anyone other than me. If I HAD to be someone else, I'd want to be my husband for a day so I could figure out what the heck is going on in his head. Um, I wrote a really nice blog about him a few entries ago so I'm allowed to say this. =)

7. How many times have you moved in your life?
TOO MANY! Grass Valley, California to Arlington, Texas to Lubbock, Texas to Northern Virginia to Southern Virginia to North Carolina to Southern Virgina. Phew. And that isn't including all the moves our first years of marriage to different places in Southern Virgina...so, 10+

8. Would you rather cook or clean?
No. Oh, I have to do one or the other? Sigh. Cook, I guess. I wish I liked cooking but I just don't. Sometimes when I'm having a dance party in my kitchen and the boys are napping and I'm making something kind of easy, I don't hate it. The rest of the time, I pretty much hate it. Especially since the result is usually my three year old wrinkling up his nose and saying "I don't like it." He is immediately chastised and then the rest of us dig in and silently think "I don't like it."





7 comments:

Jill Brochard said...

What a fun entry!

Brandi Pittman said...

LOVE IT!! You are too funny! I'm super glad that you are back to updating the blog more often- I've missed reading about your lives!

piersonam said...

I don't think I remember that story about the shark fin! I go with your final answer: beach house with a pool!! :) Also, you were really good at wearing braces. It was almost like you were proud of the bling on your teeth. I had clear braces and don't think I smiled once during the year I wore them!

Hope Chella said...

Your blog is really cute :)
http://hopechella.blogspot.com/

Melanie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and I've so enjoyed getting to know you more! You made me laugh at 6 in the morning so that's a good thing. I, too, have a house of boys - my boys are 15, 10 and 43:) and I love it! It sounds like you are completely enjoying yours! I was an English teacher, like your husband, and I too loove young life.
But the one thing I will never do is post a picture of myself in a bikini - pretty impressive - unless it was from when I was 16 - and then I didn't even know how good I looked.
Keep stopping by marriage mondays!

Lindsay With An "A" said...

Hey girl! Thank you so much for checking out my blog. I went to college with Ashley G.! :) Yours is cute as well...what adorable children you have! Have a great week!

http://lindsaylovesitall.blogspot.com

Heather @ Girl Gone Mom said...

You won the juggling cd on my blog but you didn't leave your email address and it's not in your profile.

Email me within 48 hours to pennypinchingmama at yahoo dot com with your full name and mailing address.